"Perception is reality" is just a bullshit way to half-ass acknowledge a problem in a way that benefits you and fucks them.
I can perceive that you’d benefit from my foot up your ass, but that doesn’t mean I should really do it.
Consent to sex is consent to pregnancy
No, consent to sex is just consent to sex.
It’s like saying that getting into a car is consent to being in a traffic accident. -Layla
(Though there is nothing in the world like pregnancy, here goes)
Getting in the car, did you know that you could get in an accident? It was a possibility. You couldn’t guarantee that you would get to your destination safely. It was your choice to drive anyway.
Right, which is why doctors have the right to refuse necessary medical treatment to victims of car crashes. They chose to have a car crash. They brought it on themselves and must live or die with the consequences. How else could we call ourselves pro-life?
It doesn’t matter whether they got the car inspected and wore their seatbelt and drove safely and did everything possible to avoid an accident, but someone else caused it by flat out disobeying or ignoring traffic laws, it’s THEIR fault because if they didn’t want to be in an accident, they should have just walked!
Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy. As a matter of fact, if someone consents to protected sex and those conditions are in any way compromised and that person is not informed, it’s considered rape by deception and the partner is charged for any results thereafter, including pregnancy. So if the condom breaks and you don’t tell her, or you take it off, it’s rape. Why? BECAUSE CONSENT TO SEX IS NOT CONSENT TO PREGNANCY.
my heart says yes but my bank balance says no
People who leak other peoples nudes
People who defend people who leak nudes
People who blame the person who’s nudes were leaked
In which Draco and Harry dress a little too quickly after a meeting
I don’t even ship it and this is awesome
scarlett johansson + hair
this is like those do you love the color of the sky posts but better
THIS WAS THE FUNNIEST THING OF ALL THE SHOW
Do they ever take the mom to task for not teaching her Spanish though ? I mean her mom is there.
There was literally nothing funny about this though?
^^^^ that scene hits me right in the *assimilated* child of an immigrant feels. Cause so many parents don’t teach their kids their native tongues (for various reasons) and it hurts us. Especially when we try to connect with those parts of ourselves but other people delegitimize our identity because of a language barrier we are not responsible for.
And before a grade A piece of Shit decides to chime in with “teach yourself” :
1. learning a new language is incredibly hard especially without assistance.
2. Many of us don’t have easy access to quality language learning resources for our mother tongues.
3. In regards to colonized people, of the easily accessible resources, most of them are the European versions of the language and not the language of the people. Which means you end up sounding like a stranger.
So yeah, nothing is funny about this at all.
4. White people are rewarded for learning/speaking more than one language. People of color are ridiculed for that same thing, especially if it impacts any part of their English. A lot of migrant parents think they are protecting us when they don’t teach us our native languages; They think if we only learn English, if we don’t pick up their accent, we might have an easier time in this racist society. Unfortunately, they’re usually right.
5. Learning a new language, especially as an adult, is extremely difficult. Add to that learning disabilities, neuroatypicalities, poverty, lack of resources, lack of time, and it’s nearly impossible.